In the spirit of Thanksgiving this weekend, we asked our team to put together a list of 3-5 things that they are grateful for. Not only does a gratitude practice remind us of the abundance in our lives; it also works to strengthen our left Pre-Frontal Cortex, which is also our happiness centre in our brain. We encourage you to give it a try yourself and with your loved ones this weekend- take some time to communicate appreciation directly and notice what you notice.
- Supportive friends: with the recent opening of the studio, the help and support from friends made me feel very grateful. No way I could have done it alone.
- My amazing Costco pillow: It might seem silly but those first few moments right after I wake up, still very groggy and I know I need to get up to start my day, I can feel the amazing Costco pillow perfectly supporting my head. It's the best.
- Sitting near the water and feeling a light breeze: I used to sail with my mom when I was a kid and now whenever I see the leaves on the trees moving or ripples in the water, it reminds me of those great days with her.
- Hugs: Do they need further explanation? They're just the best no matter what the mood. Happy hugs when celebrating, supportive hugs when sad. All hugs are amazing.
- My loving husband - I am thankful to have a hilarious partner in crime to go through life together.
- Healthy & happy kids - They make my life ever eventful and keep me humble.
- My health - It is invaluable and allows me to continue doing all the things I love to do.
- My parents - They are my biggest supporters and I am the luckiest daughter in the world!
- My beautiful home province of BC - It is the BEST place in the world! I am so blessed to live here!
- I am grateful for my beautiful, healthy, tall daughter
- I am grateful for the cold cold ocean at Third Beach
- I am grateful to Vancouver for adopting me
- I am grateful for the people I work with and for a job (two, actually) I adore
- I am grateful for my new Prada sunglasses
- I am grateful for prosecco and popcorn
- My support network- There isn't a day that goes by where I am not grateful for the people in my life. I believe life is all about relationships and I am so incredibly thankful for all the support from friends and family.
- My body & my health- I've put my body through some seriously crazy scenarios (like running on no sleep, hiking 75km, etc.) and I am incredibly grateful to be in good health. I couldn't do the things I wanted to do without it.
- Sleeping In- I don't get to do it often but for those who know me, they know that this is my favourite thing to do ever as a "treat" for my self. No chocolate, cake, or bubble bath could ever compare.
- My business partners- After working solo for a few years, I am so thankful to have a team to work with. We complement one another well and it's so great to feel like someone's got your back while you're all working together towards a common goal.
- Vancouver's Food Selection- I'm not a foodie but I do love eating out and I am grateful that Vancouver has so much diversity in its restaurants.