Tis the season. With chocolates, treats, and the occasional fruitcake around every corner, we asked Jennifer Trecartin, RHN and the owner of My Edible Advice to share one of her favourite mindful recipes.
These little gems popped into my mind: caramel chocolates, with the idea being you can slow down and let them melt in your mouth. Repeat.
Chocolate Covered Salted Caramels
Salted Caramel Ingredients:
- 10 Soft Pitted Medjool Dates (soak if necessary)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa or Cacao Powder
- 1/8 Cup Maple Syrup
- Place all Salted Caramel ingredients into your food processor blending until completely smooth.
- Place mixture into a bowl, cover with saran wrap and place into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Place all Coating ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove Salted Caramel mixture from the freezer.
- Using a spoon, melon baller or your hands form individual one inch balls from the caramel mixture.
- Place on a baking cooling rack and immediately coat with Chocolate Coating.
- Continue to coat each Chocolate Covered Salted Caramel on all sides and the top.
- Place back into the freezer for a few moments to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer (enjoy straight from the freezer as they are quick to melt).